This tour is designed for the busy travelers who don’t have the time to immerse themselves in the Amazon but would still like a taste of the jungle life. We have packed this 2/3 day trip full of action so you will leave wanting to return another time.
The day will start with pick up from your hotel in Manaus at 8:00. We will take a short car ride to the Porto de Manaus to transfer to a speed boat. The boat ride will begin with the sight seeing of the meetings of the waters, where the drastic contrast between Rio Negro and Rio Solimoes is on display where the two rivers meet yet not mix for miles to form Amazon River. We will then continue on with a 30 minute boat ride to Janauary Park, a 9000-acre park with flooded forests, giant water lilies, enormous trees and a sample of the huge varieties of Amazonian wildlife. We will take a long walk through the park on raised wooden walkways, catching glimpse of monkeys, reptiles and birds. We will stop at the giant water lily lake and the handcraft gift shop where you can take home some authentic tribal art. Lunch at the floating house restaurant is included in the price of the tour. After lunch, we will visit the indigenous tribe and you will see them perform their rituals in close proximity. We will then return to the boat and visit a local who provides pink river dolphin encounters. You can get into the water and hand feed wild pink river dolphins. We will return to Manaus around 15:00.
Price: $180 per person; Children 0-5 free; Children 6-11, 50% of adult cost
- Transportation to and from the jungle lodge
- Accommodation in the jungle
- Local tour guides
- All meals in the jungle
- Mineral water
- All activities in the jungle
- A welcome drink
- Additional alcoholic beverages at the lodge
- Hotels in Manaus
- Transport to and from the airport (Can be arranged)
WHAT TO BRING
- Please bring only the necessary, as boats have limited capacity for luggage transportation.
- Please consider storing luggage that is not needed at hotels in Manaus.
- Long sleeved shirts and pants, raincoat
- Hiking boots with long socks and sandals
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Bathing suits and hats
- Flashlight and binoculars
- Anti-itch cream for those sensitive to mosquito bites
- Baby powder for those with sensitive skin to heat and moisture