Custom made for adventurers who want to learn the way of life in the mighty Amazon rainforest and survive with tales to tell. No fancy hotels with breakfast in bed, no Jucuzzi or SPA treatment, no drink service by the pool. You will be experiencing Amazon in its rawest form, and you will learn the wisdom of the people who have call it home for thousands of years. Your English-speaking guide will teach you the techniques that are essential for survival in the rainforest, including finding clean water, setting up rain-proof and mosquito-proof shelter, scavenging for jungle edibles, setting traps, building fire, fishing and cooking. The exact itinerary of the tour will be adjusted to the weather conditions and the Amazon river water level and the daily activities will be either on foot or by canoe. If on foot, it will be either loop hikes to the same campsite or through hike to the next campsite for which each participant is expected to carry his/her own pack. The duration of hikes is roughly 3 hours daily, and you will penetrate much deeper into the jungle than on any of the other tours. Participants must be 18 or above years of age or 16 years with parental supervision. Moderate fitness is required. This tour can be arranged for lengths between 5 days/4 nights and 7 days/6 nights.
- Transportation to and from the jungle lodge
- Accommodation in the jungle
- Local tour guides
- All meals in the jungle
- Mineral water
- All activities in the jungle
- A welcome drink
- Additional alcoholic beverages at the lodge
- Hotels in Manaus
- Transport to and from the airport (Can be arranged)
WHAT TO BRING
- Please bring only the necessary, as boats have limited capacity for luggage transportation.
- Please consider storing luggage that is not needed at hotels in Manaus.
- Long sleeved shirts and pants, raincoat
- Hiking boots with long socks and sandals
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Bathing suits and hats
- Flashlight and binoculars
- Anti-itch cream for those sensitive to mosquito bites
- Baby powder for those with sensitive skin to heat and moisture